When it comes to finding the right realtor, it can be a daunting task with so many options available in the market. The key to choosing the best realtor is researching and comparing a few options before deciding. It is recommended to speak with at least three agents before signing a contract so that you can get a good understanding of their skills and experience. This will also allow you to ask important questions and determine if they fit your needs. A new way to start the process is by using Bidmylisting, an online platform connecting home sellers with realtors in their area. This is an effective way to have realtors come to you, allowing you to compare their offers and choose the best one for your needs.
Difference Between a Real Estate Agent and a Realtor
1. A real estate agent is licensed by the state and can conduct real estate transactions. Realtors have gone a step further to become a member of the National Association of Realtors (NAR), America's largest trade association
2. Real estate agents typically only represent the buyer or the seller in a transaction, whereas the NAR's code of ethics binds Realtors to provide clients with fair and honest representation.
3. Realtors have access to the Multiple Listing Service (MLS), a property database for sale that allows them to provide their clients with more comprehensive information and options.
4. Realtors must complete continuing education courses to stay up-to-date with industry trends and advancements. Real estate agents are not required to do so.
What to Do Before Hiring a Realtor
Some house sellers rush the process and decide irrationally, which leaves them with the wrong agent. You may prevent that by making a thoughtful decision.
To improve your chances of selecting the best real estate agent, follow these steps before hiring one.
1. Determine What You'll Need Help With:
Before engaging a realtor, assessing what you need help with is important. Do you need assistance finding a home, negotiating the price, or managing the closing process? Knowing what you need help with will allow you to find the right realtor who specializes in the specific areas you need assistance with.
2. Reframe Your Mindset to View the Arrangement as a Business Decision:
Hiring a realtor is not just a personal decision but a business decision. It is important to reframe your mindset and approach the hiring process as a business transaction so that you can make the best decision for your needs.
3. Do Your Research:
Before you hire estate agents, it is important to do your research. You can start by asking for recommendations from friends and family, reading reviews online, and checking the realtor's credentials. You should also ensure that the realtor you choose is licensed and has a good track record of success in the industry. Additionally, it is important to research the different types of services that realtors offer and what each one entails to choose the best option for your needs.
When Should I Contact a Realtor to Sell My Home?
Three Months Before Selling: It is recommended to contact a realtor three months before selling your home. This allows you to start the preparation process early, including making necessary repairs or upgrades, decluttering and staging your home, and preparing for open houses and showings. This is also adequate time for the realtor to start marketing your home and attracting potential buyers.
Looking for a realtor? With BidMyListing, realtors come to you and compete for your listing, offering their services and rates. This is a convenient way for home sellers to compare realtor offers and choose the best one for their needs. BidMyListing allows you to speed up the process and ensure you find a top of the line real estate agent willing to pay for the opportunity to sell your home.
Should I Interview Real Estate Agents?
Interviewing real estate agents is a crucial step. It allows you to get to know the realtor, understands their approach, and assess their experience and qualifications. By asking questions, you can also determine if the realtor is a good fit for your needs and if they can provide the level of service you are looking for. Some important questions to ask include:
1. How Long Have You Been a Realtor?
2. Do you specialize in this neighborhood?
3. Whom Will I Be Working With?
4. How Will We Communicate?
5. What is Your Success Rate?
Services to Expect From Your Realtor
It is important to determine what services you need. These will likely include:
1. Provide Interior/Exterior Recommendations: One of the services you can expect from your realtor is interior and exterior recommendations. Your realtor can provide suggestions on how to improve the appearance and functionality of your home, making it more appealing to potential buyers.
2. List on the MLS: Your realtor can also list your home on the Multiple Listing Service (MLS). This is a database of properties for sale that is accessible to real estate agents and brokers. Listing your home on the MLS is an effective way to reach a large pool of potential buyers and increase the exposure of your property.
3. Hold Open Houses: Your realtor may also hold open houses, a great way to showcase your home to potential buyers. During an open house, your realtor will be present to answer any questions and provide additional information about your home. They will also provide feedback from potential buyers, which can be useful in adjusting your selling strategy.
4. Paperwork: Your realtor can also handle the necessary paperwork to sell your home. They will take care of the contract preparation, negotiations, and closing process, ensuring that everything is completed accurately and efficiently.
5. Inspections: Your realtor can also assist with inspections and other pre-sale preparations. They will guide what to expect during the inspection process and assist you in resolving any issues that may arise. They can also coordinate with the inspectors, helping to ensure that the inspection process is completed smoothly and without any delays.
How to Hire a Realtor
1. Create a free account with BidMyListing: The first step in hiring a realtor is to sign up for BidMyListing. BisMyListing is a platform that allows you to connect with real estate agents willing to pay for your listing.
2. Register Your Listing: Once you have signed up, you can register your listing. This involves providing information about your property, its location, size, and unique features. You will also be asked to provide information about your preferred timeline for selling your home.
3. Have Realtors Bid on Your Listing: Real estate agents will have the opportunity to bid on your listing. This means they will provide information about their qualifications and experience, as well as their fees and services. You can review the bids and select the real estate agents you want to interview.
4. Contact a Realtor: Once you have selected the real estate agents you would like to interview, you can contact them to schedule an appointment. The BidMyListing platform allows you to communicate with realtors and coordinate your interviews.
5. Conduct Interviews: During the interview process, you will have the opportunity to ask questions and get to know the real estate agents. You can ask about their experience, approach, and services, as well as their fee structure. To learn more about what to ask a realtor, click here.
6. Choose the Realtor You Want to Work With: After you have completed the interview process, you can choose the realtor you want to work with. You can consider the realtor's experience, fee structure, and services. You can also view your personal preferences and comfort level with the realtor.
7. Walk the Realtor Through Your House: Once you have chosen a realtor, you can schedule a time to walk them through your house. This lets the realtor see your home and better understand its features and selling points. You can also provide additional information about the property and answer any questions the realtor may have.
8. Review the Realtor's Services: Before you sign a listing agreement, you should review the realtor's services and fees. You can ask about the realtor's marketing plan and their approach to negotiating offers. You can also ask about their commission rate and any additional costs they may charge.
9. Agree to Listing Price: Your realtor can guide what your home is worth and what price you should list it for. You should work with your realtor to determine a fair and realistic listing price that will attract potential buyers.
10. Sign the Listing Agreement: Once you have agreed on a listing price, you can sign the listing agreement. This legally binding contract outlines your realtor's services, their commission rate, and other terms and conditions. It is important to read the agreement carefully and ask any questions you may have before you sign it.
Create your free account today to start your journey with BidMyListing